WordPress is installed with a couple of plugins but you will probably want to add a few more to improve the look and feel of your site.
The following list contains some that we tend to use when setting up a new site.
- WordPress Database Backup – On-demand backup of your WordPress database. It is crucially important that you have good backups of your site’s database. This plugin allows you to back it up automatically and regularly. Visit plugin site
- Ultimate TinyMCE – If you really want a full blown word processor you can beef up your visual editor with a plethora of advanced options. Visit plugin site
- NextGEN Gallery – A NextGENeration Photo Gallery for WordPress. A good, configurable photo album. Visit plugin site.
- Theme My Login – Displays the WordPress login, registration and forgotten password pages according to your theme. Pure cosmetics but it does brand your site for you if you don’t want it too obvious that this is WordPress. Visit plugin site
- Authenticator – If you are concerned about the security of your site, and you should be, then Two-Factor Authentication for WordPress using the Android/iPhone/Blackberry app as One Time Password generator is for you. Visit plugin site
- Limit Login Attempts – Limit rate and number of login attempts to your site for each IP. Visit plugin site
- Cookie Warning – This plugin enable you to comply with UK and EU law on cookies. It asks users for their consent for using cookies or redirects them out of your site. Visit plugin site